Monday 10 May 2010

Art Movement


Cubism was a 20th century art movement, that revolutionised European painting and sculpture.

The first phase of cubism, known as Analytic Cubism, a highly significant art movement between 1907 and 1911 in France.

In its second phase, it was known as Synthetic Cubism. The movement spread and remained vital until around 1919, when the Surrealist movement gained popularity.



Cubism is a movement which has inspired Parts of my FMP from the fragmented poster to the type and the cube I have chosen to display my work on. Fragmenting an image allows it to become abstract which also links into my work as I wanted my FMP to show the uncertainty of knowing what your child may look like.


1 comment:

  1. can you please include the artist and the image's title next time when postin art. the artists need to be credited, and it is courtesy and helpful for viewers. do you have the artists and titles for these two pieces of art?

    ReplyDelete