Friday 21 May 2010

Evaluation

For this project we where given the theme of DNA. We had to create a blog alongside something to display at the end of year show.

We where introduced to the project by going to the ‘Wellcome’ exhibit in London where I saw several pieces which inspired me. I began with looking at DNA Profiling, which I had seen at the exhibit. After researching I had come across several sites, which calculate percentages of your ethnic background. I chose to change my route, as I would have to pay over £100 to get a result. So I moved onto my family tree and looked at book that was written about my family in Jamaica. I then looked at what DNA actually was, but then became intrigued on seeing what u inherit physically instead of genetically. This then lead me to Siblings as you can get so many different outcomes for a mix of two people.

Now I had found the theme which to base my project on ‘Potential Siblings’. I then began researching hereditary features, gender influences and chromosomes. Along with artists such ass Idris Khan, Gina Glover and Linsey Nolin: I was also very inspired by Cubism.I chose an abstract take on my project as I wanted to stick to a theme of uncertainty.

I have chosen to create an abstract A2 poster of myself to display at my end of year show. I’m also creating two acetate A2 size images hanging one in front of the other & broken up. To conclude my theme of ‘Potential Siblings’ I am displaying six outcomes on a dice. The reason for this is to show how unpredictable it is to know what your child may look like.

1 comment:

  1. Working towards distinction - get all final work posted by tomorrow please

    ReplyDelete